Monday, August 25, 2008

Cute stuff

A few days ago Alli and Hannah were reading to their dolls while sitting on the couch. They were each reading a different book, but at the same time. I heard Hannah say, "Alli, quit saying that!" a few times, then she became frustrated and said it one more time like she meant it. I stopped working on supper and listened to Alli. She was saying (in a deep, strong voice), "THE POWER OF GOD...THE POWER OF GOD...THE POWER OF GOD..." I laughed, but Hannah said, "But Mom, it's not funny, she keeps saying it over and over and over."

Yesterday we went up to the playgrounds at camp to play. I was playing with Alli and Carrie on the playgrounds while Hannah was in the playhouse/sandbox. She came running over to me saying, "MOM! You've got to see this! There's an ANGEL in the playhouse--a REAL ANGEL!" To buy a little time I asked what this angel said to her. She hugged me, looked up and smiled and said, "He said I was good!" Then I went to the playhouse to see, thinking it was an imaginary friend. We both had a good laugh when she said, "See, Mom, it's a real angel!" while pointing to the snow angel she made out of the sand!

Today while Hannah was at preschool, I took Alli and Carrie to Wal-Mart for groceries. We got two bags of powdered sugar and Alli pretended one of them was her baby. She rocked it, sang to it, patted it, etc. She was having fun, mostly thinking she was being silly. Carrie, who LOVES her baby and blankie saw what Alli was doing and thought her sister had taken her beloved baby. She looked at me funny when I gave her a bag of powdered sugar to hold for a baby. But she did anyway, and wrapped it up in her blankie.

No comments: