Monday, November 19, 2007

busy sunday

This past weekend Mike was the "host" for the camp's retreat groups. The staff have to take turns hosting. They need to be here to check the groups in, and be on call for any questions, etc. Anyway, Sunday morning he had to go check in the groups that were still here. Then we left for church. Right after church we went to Plainfield to Mark (Mike's brother) and Julie's house. Matt (his other brother) was in the area. He had been at the National Missionary Convention in Cincinnati, OH, and then he spoke at the Indiana Christian Youth Convention in Anderson, IN. Julie's parents and sister were there too. We had lunch together and then just hung out while the kids played. Our girls were tired, and they fell asleep on Daddy. It was so precious, wish I had brought my camera. When they woke up we left and came back to Fair Haven Christian Church for our Harvest Dinner. It was so wonderful to spend the entire day with family and church family!

Today we went to Wal-Mart. It was very crowded, and the girls were tired, so it wasn't the most pleasant trip. But they did try hard to stay cheerful. There were some really funny things, though. Hannah's tag was itching her, but she didn't know it. She started complaining, saying, "Just get off of there, nose (or hair, or face--whatever she thought was itching)!" Then she would stomp her foot and huff really loudly. She started to get really frustrated, so I asked her what was wrong. She said, "Everything is itching on me!!" I asked her to show me where it itched, and she said, "EVERYWHERE! I think my blood itches!" We finally figured out it was the tag, and we ripped it out.

Alli said, "Mom, I got boogers in my nose!" I said, "Ok, where are they?" She stuck out her belly and pointed to that part of her shirt. She had already gotten them out and wiped them on her shirt!

When we got home we ate lunch. Hannah started talking about the milk in her cup. She said to me, "Mom, there's not much milk left." There was some left, so I told her once it was finished she could have more. Then she asked Alli, "Don't you think that it's almost gone?" Alli replied, "No, Hannah, it's a little bit full." hmmm...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love it!!! Keep blogging it's so much fun to read! Can't you move here so the girls can play together?!?! okay, I know you can't but it would be fun...we'll just wait anxiously for Christmas!!