Friday, November 16, 2007

silver dollar

Today Hannah and Alli were pretending Hannah was a queen and Alli was a princess. I overheard Alli say, "Hannah..." Hannah reminded her she was a queen, so Alli said, "OK, Queenie." Then Hannah told her princess, "Now go to sleep Silver Dollar." Alli promptly stuck her thumb in her mouth and pretended to go to sleep.

This morning when we woke up there was frost on all the grass. Alli pointed to it and asked, "Mommy, is it chalk on there?"

This afternoon we went for a long walk around camp. We met Mike as he was driving through, so we climbed in the truck for a ride back to the house. As we were getting in, we all heard a kitty meowing loudly, and it sounded like it was coming from the front of the truck. We checked but couldn't find it anywhere. We had to make a couple of stops to blow the leaves of sidewalks on the way home, and we kept hearing the kitty. We never did see it, but Mike left the truck outside for a few hours; hopefully it's gone. When I asked Hannah what her favorite part of the day was, she said, "Hearing that kitty that we couldn't find."

Hannah seems to know all the "Sunday School answers." Today I was telling her about Thanksgiving. I said, "It's a holiday where we give thanks for..." and she finished my sentence with "blessings?" I heard her making up a song today. It went something like, "Jesus takes our sins away. He washes the sins of my heart."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about your day. I don't always get to your blog, but enjoy it when I do :-). Gramma K.